Monday, May 14, 2018

Sober Mother's Day Weekend



Well I survived Mother's Day Weekend, cranky and all.  Friday night was horrible until about 9:30.  I was just cranky about everything.  I didn't even eat dinner because the place we were going to eat appeared to be too busy and so then I was pissy and nothing sounded good.  Wonder who that hurt lol?

Saturday got better but I was still a little glum.  My sweet daughter came to visit for a while which was nice.  She is planning her wedding so in the back of my mind I am wondering how this sobriety thing is going to work.  Her wedding isn't until next July but I keep thinking I can't have a glass of champagne to celebrate her new journey.  Not that I need to but it would be nice not to have this problem and be normal and just have one glass of champagne and be done with it but I am too scared to even try. But I will face that battle when it comes.

Sunday my dear son took me to lunch for mother's day.  It was very sweet of him as he is not the touchy feel type of boy.  But it made my heart burst with pride knowing he does love me :)

DH had to work all weekend so I had to make my own dinner darn it.  But my mood had greatly improved by Sunday.  Hopefully my slump is over for this month.  I pray the next one isn't so sever, hate feeling this way and making everyone in my life miserable.

Hope all the mothers out there had an amazing Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment